thumb of rules for generator:

1) only possible when using deferred binding ( i.e.: Foo foo =
GWT.create(Foo.class) )
2) your generator runs in pure VM so you're free to do whatever you
want BUT the code you generate has to be translateable to JS, while
generating you can also create additional resources, which might be
java code intended to be run on the server....

you can of course rebind classes which are also used for server, as
long as you handle them as "shared" classes, so their base must be
translatable to JS and also has to be on the source path (client or
shared package, or customized in your .gwt.xml)