Hi all,

I have some perf issues in hosted mode using javascript object overlays.

I am doing bindings for WebGL objects using gwt 2.1.1, for exemple i have
the overlayed WebGLRenderingContext :

import com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptObject;

>> public class WebGLRenderingContext extends JavaScriptObject
>
> {
>
> protected WebGLRenderingContext() {}
>
>  public final native void clear(int mask) /*-{
>
> this.clear(mask);
>
> }-*/;
>
> }

I have done with it a bunch of tests, calling 30000 times the clear
function. There are the results :

Hosted mode with Chrome 9 : 14 000 ms
Release with Chrome 9 : 27 ms
Here hosted mode is about 518x slower

Hosted mode with Minefield ( firefox nightly build ) : 1740 ms
Release with Minefiel : 17ms
Here about 102x slower

What makes overlay calls so slower ?
Is there a way to optimize the hosted mode with it ?

Thanks for your attention,
Regards,
Harold