Answering my own questions for the benefit of future generations:

 1. Yes, it does.
 2. Yes, it does.
 3. What's described there is correct and there aren't other strings
to match.
 4. Be careful to examine the console more thoroughly than you did for
the exceptions that may have been
     lost in the swamp of output, particularly during RPC
transactions.

Good luck to you in all your future endeavors,

 Tom