So, I have a hidden frame, and I set its URL to download a file from
my server.  The first time I do this, it works like a charm.

Any subsequent times I do it, my server never gets the call.  I am
changing at least one of the parameters of the URL each time, so I
don't believe that Firefox would be caching the call (and, even if it
was, shouldn't it give me the file to save again?).

Firefox 3.6.13, on Windows XP.