DockLayoutPanel and LayoutPanel require an unbroken chain of LayoutPanels up
to the RootLayoutPanel (not RootPanel) that implement ProvidesResize, or it
won't work on IE.  Alternatively, you can set the height and widget of the
panel.

If you are using a DockLayoutPanel within a page, you can add it under a
ResizeLayoutPanel, which ProvidesResize but doesn't RequireResize.  However,
using too many ResizeLayoutPanels in your code can reduce the performance of
your app.

Be sure to take a look at the Layout Panel dev guide:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiPanels.html

Thanks,
John LaBanca
jlaba...@google.com