This is a well known and widely reported general problem with Eclipse
3.4 that has been fixed in newer versions of Eclipse. The problem is
with Eclipse p2 and not with GWT 2.2 itself. If p2 is complaining
about the Eclipse PDE, you can try installing that manually from the
Eclipse update site. GWT/GPE 2.2 does require the PDE (which is a
standard part of the Eclipse SDK) but does not prereq any specific
version so the exact error message is being triggered by Eclipse and
not GWT/GPE.

-Eric