I have recently used GWT CellTree widget to populate an XML data in my
project, The tree allows user to add, edit, move up/down tree nodes
and finally update the actual XML file, I have managed to implement
this functionality by storing ListDataProvider instances  which are
used in the tree.
if user removes a node I remove it from both corresponding data
provider instance and XML tree. Then it updates the list dynamically
and reflects the changes in the tree. I used this approach because I
did not find any other alternative way to do dynamic tree manipulation
in GWT cell tree.

but I encountered a problem with node removal functionality in IE (7 &
8). after removing a node and try to collapse or open any node in the
tree GWT throws a runtime "'firstChild' is null or not an object"
error and cannot do any operation on the tree after that.

Can anyone faced this problem? please let me know if there are any
workaround found, I am using GWT 2.1.1

Thanks