Hi everyone,
as our business software relies a lot on recurring patterns like
Master-Detail views I am trying to organise my GWT 2.1 activities /
views in a hierarchy where a base activity / view encapsulates shared
elements and the common workflow as much as possible. I am currently
stuck when it comes to editors, more specifically editor drivers. All
my detail views create an editor along with a
MyDriver extends SimpleBeanEditorDriver<T,E>
where T and E are specific for each detail view/activity. But as all
these drivers are based on SimpleBeanEditorDriver it would be nice if
my generic activity superclass could hold a reference to the driver
and call its methods at appropriate times in the Master-Detail flow.
What it all boils down to, is that it seems impossible to me to assign
anything to a
protected SimpleBeanEditorDriver<T,E> detailViewDriver;
Is this correct? This would mean that each subclass of my
GenericMasterDetailActivity must store its own reference to its driver
and replicate the whole workflow related to calls to the driver?

Any help would be welcome
Jerome