Dear Philippe,

yeah this was the reason and the workaround works as hell! Many
thanks! This saved my fascination for building GWT apps! :-)

But some questions remain:

Why does this only affect IE7? I first thought that it was a bug
originated in the browser specific generated code. But I could
reproduce it in hosted and web mode, but only in IE7, not in FF. So,
where exactly is the bug?

It seems that it only affects DockLayoutPanel inside a
StackLayoutPanel. I remember that the bug was not present when I had
other Panels inside my StackLayoutPanel.

For now, I just implemented a forceLayout method in MyStackLayoutPanel
as follows:
-----
public class MyStackLayoutPanel extends StackLayoutPanel
{
 public void forceLayout ()
 {
        Iterator<Widget> itr = iterator ();

  while (itr.hasNext ())
  {
   Widget w = itr.next ();

   if (w instanceof DockLayoutPanel)
   {
    ((DockLayoutPanel) w).forceLayout();
-----

As you can see, I only handle children that are DockLayoutPanels,
because I know that my problems are solved with it. However, how would
a more "generic" workaround look like?

And last but not least: Will this be fixed in future GWT versions?
(This is not the first IE7-specific piece of code in my project...)

Again, a thousand thanks!

Magnus

/* Chess players, who want to join a small but growing community,
please e-mail me! */