I got a similar error when having jasper reports and jdtcompiler jars in
war/WEB-INF/lib. I could solve it by changing classpath ordering in the gwt
web application run configuration. Go to your run configuration ->
classpath, delete all User Entries (you can not re-order the default user
entries) and then add:

1.) src folder of your project
2.) Your project
3.) GWT SDK
4.) Webapp Libs
5.) Server Runtime

Make sure that GWT SDK is before your webapp libs. That way the gwt compiler
will use the correct jdt compiler files and not the one provided through
your webapp libs.