Cheers, the solution you propose is definitely better and I first
implemented it as well. In fact a toolbar with a right and left area was
what I was initially aiming for... without much success. The little detail
that has escaped my attention (or is not documented?) is that you can
integrate a component with multiple child tags into UiBinder using the add*
syntax. I remember reading that you can only use the methods related to
HasWidgets in your own widgets? Without it you have to add all buttons by
hand, which eliminates using @UiHandler annotations as well, hence my
decision to build a toolbar with only one area and auto-adjusting spacers.

Thanks for your help and your detailed answer, much appreciated!
Have a nice day
Jerome