I have a login.jsp with the login form.

And a hostedPage.jsp where the user is redirected after his logged in.

Also I have a MyServiceServlet that extends RemoteServiceServlet. In this
class I overrided onBeforeRequestDeserialized and I check if the user if
logued in. If he is not, I throw an AuthenticationException

protected void onBeforeRequestDeserialized(String serializedRequest) {
        UserService userService = UserServiceFactory.getUserService();
        com.google.appengine.api.users.User user =
userService.getCurrentUser();

        if (user == null) {
            throw new AuthenticationException();

In this class also I have a few methods to know if the user is logued in,
ie:

public String getUserId() {
        HttpServletRequest request = this.getThreadLocalRequest();
        if (session.getAttribute(SessionVariables.USER_SESSION) != null) {
            return ((User) session

.getAttribute(SessionVariables.USER_SESSION)).getEmail();
        }
        return null;
    }

Then all my ServiceImpl extends MyServiceServlet.

I hope this helps you a little.