Hi

Lately I have a problem with calling isChanged on RequestContext here is the
link to discussion on that topic
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/google-web-toolkit/HznAkg94WUc/discussion

Thomas has suggested that my problems can be solved by using
editorDriver.isDirty introduced in gwt 2.3. Today I compiled gwt from 2.3
release branch and editorDriver.isDirty works as expected, but
unfortunately
setting violations on the editorDriver does not result of showing of the
error messages in the view.
The view is quite straightforward and it consists a bunch of
ValueBoxEditorDecorator<String> instances and one embedded address editor.

After some debugging, I guess the problem lies in the line 112 of the
com.google.gwt.editor.client.impl.SimpleViolation#pushViolations.

  /**
   * Maps an abstract representation of a violation into the appropriate
   * EditorDelegate.
   */
  public static void pushViolations(Iterable<SimpleViolation> violations,
      EditorDriver<?> driver, KeyMethod keyMethod) {
    DelegateMap delegateMap = DelegateMap.of(driver, keyMethod);

    // For each violation
    for (SimpleViolation error : violations) {
*      Object key = error.getKey();*
      List<AbstractEditorDelegate<?, ?>> delegateList =
delegateMap.get(key);
      if (delegateList != null) {

        // For each delegate editing some record...
        for (AbstractEditorDelegate<?, ?> baseDelegate : delegateList) {

Calling error.getKey() always returns null, for every violation object in
the collection and then delegateMap returns null for the null key.

Am I right, or maybe in 2.3 passing the validation error should be done in
different way ?

I run the DynaTableRF example and in that app validation messages around
textboxes are not displayed as well.

Also, I'm confused, what kind of errors are recorded by the editorDriver
during flushing.
In DynaTableRF checking for errors after flush results in one error related
to the zipCode field (so suprisingly it looks like client side validation ?
).
But in my example it simply doesn't work, althought I also have the embeded
Address ValueProxy with the zipCode member annotated by @Pattern.