Hi BhaskerT, welcome to GWT.

Ben is correct. GWT development mode allows you to develop and debug quickly
in the browser without having to do a full compile to JavaScript. If you
haven't tried it already, be sure to try Debug As | Web Application and set
a breakpoint in your app in Eclipse, then tickle it in the browser. When
you're ready to publish your app, click the Compile button in Eclipse to
create the war folder.

FYI, Gmail was written before GWT and hasn't yet been rewritten. Many other
Google apps use GWT, including the AdWords and AdSense admin consoles, parts
of Docs and Maps, the new Groups interface, Google Moderator, and coming
soon, Blogger, which I tweeted yesterday from @googledevtools.

/dmc

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Ben Imp <benlee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are running your application in development mode, which means you
> are probably running it from your IDE.  Its used for debugging and fun
> stuff like that.
>
> If you compile and deploy your web application to a server, like
> Apache or Tomcat, you wont get that.
>
> http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideDeploying.html
>
> -Ben
>
> On Mar 15, 7:57 am, BhaskerT <bhasker.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am new to GWT(2.0) development.
> > Problem statement: While accessing a GWT based web application, IE ask
> > me to install GWT plugin.
> >
> > Solution: If i instal the plugin then it works perfectly fine.
> >
> > As per my knowledge Gmail is based on GWT. and if i try to access
> > gmail from any where it does not ask me to install any plugin.
> >
> > I want my application to behave in similar manner.
> >
> > What i have googled till now is, there is something called GWT
> > development mode, due to which this problem is caused.
> >
> > Any suggestion will be very helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools