I would not recommend either use GWT serialization or JVM serialization to
store in a file, it isn't the main purpose. First, don't trust that GWT
never change Serialization method in the future. Second, JVM serialization
use serialversionuid to check if the .class is compatible and the version of
JVM (a class serializate with 1.5 is not compatible with 1.6).

I recomend use XML o JSON to store class. There are a lots of frameworks
around to do this job.

Juan