I'm using Eclipse IDE on RHEL. I am trying to determine if the problem
is from the jvm, birt, gwt or my code. I started eclipse with a bigger
perm gen space but still got the error. I am able to make an rpc call,
return from it and then display the report, but once i try to run a
2nd report, the rpc calls again and this is where it fails. Here is
the error:
[WARN] A new version of GWT (2.2.0) is available
For additional info see: file:/tmp/gwt-update-2.2.0.html
Done generating report.
The response was successful
Starting Jetty on port 8888
   [ERROR] Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method
'public abstract java.lang.String
com.birt.rpc.gwt.client.ReportGenerationService.executeReport(java.lang.String,java.util.ArrayList,java.util.ArrayList)'
threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
space
[ERROR] Error for /rpcsamplebirt/report
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
[ERROR] EXCEPTION
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
   [ERROR] Out of memory; to increase the amount of memory, use the -
Xmx flag at startup (java -Xmx128M ...)
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: 500
Exception in thread "State Saver" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
space