It is not recomanded to change forms at all, so basicaly safari have
some custom
css selectors, mozzila ignores them completely, and for IE i am not
sure.

If you want to create something like that, you should probably create
new widget that will have same behaviour like
ScrollPanel, ie. catch all mouse handlers, create custom buttons that
will scroll some div inside your custom panel...

I was looking for same solution few weeks ago, and decided to make my
own as there are no widget availaible.

I need to fix some code, and i will release it as open source in a
week or two.

Hope this helps