I have GWT's anchor which contains click event to invoke some actions
programatically. I have CSS psudo-classes something like below:
a:link    { color: red }    /* unvisited links */
a:visited { color: blue }   /* visited links   */
a:hover   { color: yellow } /* user hovers     */
a:active  { color: lime }   /* active links    */

Problem is when a link is clicked, it does not go into a:active state,
instead the CSS definition stays at a:hover. I am guessing that with
IE8 the browser does not recognize GWT's click event as a:active or
a:visited.

What exactly happens is when a link is clicked, the dialog which a
link resides hides itself and invokes another dialog. When I open the
original dialog, a link is at a:hover state.

What is a solution for this?

Thanks.