I have a gwt webapp that makes an rpc to the server, the server
generates a report, then the report returns a string, which is just
the html contents of the report, which contains a large amount of
html. After timing the rpc and how long it takes for the html to be
returned and a new html widget to be created and added to the panel,
its about 1 minute. 27 seconds is spent running the report generation
code. However, it takes really long for the html to render or to
appear on the firefox page, about 2 minutes and 40 seconds and I am
wondering why if all the code is completed in 58 seconds, why does it
take so long for the html to display? It feels like it freezes up the
computer for that time in between the 58 seconds and the 2 minutes and
40 seconds. Anyone have any insight? Also, any insights into how I can
make my code more efficient or faster? Any links or info is greatly
appreciated.