I understand the intention behind the RequestFactorys diff mechanism -
but what if you want some field to be set (i.e. to transmitt a field
even though it hasn't changed)?

I have the following scenario: Multiple server-instances, no ORM-
caching (shared nor individual), I do however want to cache the
entities on the client (however briefly). I therefore let the the
version-field propagate to the client. The ORM-system increment the
version-field (as recommended) and the underlying sentral storage
system handles the optimistic locking based on this version field. I
do not load the entity from the storage system on each client request
(the intended usage), but construct the entity from the actual
request. The problem is - the client will not return the version-field
(since it has not changed). I cannot find any way to make it so that
the version-field is transmitted without actually changing the field?

It's mentioned in the docs that RF is a basis for future (client-side)
caching and batching. How will the client-side cache adhere to
optimistic locking if it's not allow to provide an (unchanged) version-
number?