Thanks for asking this question. I want to see how you used the rpc to
return back to the client an html page. Did you do a redirect on
onSuccess? WIll appreciate your snippet.

On 3/29/11, Ben Imp <benlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suppose the obvious thing to investigate would be whether ???/
> myfolder/report.html is visible to http requests.  That will depend on
> where exactly your code is writing this HTML file to and whether your
> app server and/or web server allow reading from that location.
>
> -Ben
>
> On Mar 29, 10:26 am, azuniga <alessandro.zun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I make a call to and rpc and the rpc returns a string. The string is
>> the name of a business report generated, report.html. Now I want the
>> client to embed this html in the app, so I use a Frame widget. Now I
>> want to know how to instantiate this frame, since I have been trying
>> Frame frame = new Frame(GWT.getHostPageBaseURL() + "report.html");
>> This is just returning a 404 - GET error. I tried passing back the
>> path of the file, /myfolder/report.html, but that didn't work. I also
>> tried getHostPageBaseURL() + "modulename/servicename/" + reportname
>> but I get the same 404 error. My question is, what string do I have to
>> pass back in order to be able to embed this page in my app? Is this
>> even possible. I tried passing back the html as a string and it
>> worked, but it took way too long for big business reports, approx 2
>> 1/2 minutes to render, and this is too long, so I'm trying other
>> options. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.

Odeyemi 'Kayode O.

B.Sc(Hons) Econs, Application Developer & Systems Engineer (Sun Certified
Professional),
Oracle Certified Associate, Solaris Systems Administrator, Drupal Developer

Website: http://sinati.com <http://www.sinati.com>
Socialize with me: http://profile.to/charyorde, http://twitter.com/charyorde,

http://www.google.com/profiles/dreyemi
Skype:drecute