Hi,

I need a panel like SplitLayoutPanel, but with the following features:

- Some friendly way to hide and show a side panel (in my application,
the West panel), such as a hide/show button.

- Disable live resizing of the panels while the user drags the
splitter---that is, when the user clicks on the splitter and moves the
mouse, a semi-transparent line should appear and move with the mouse,
and the actual panels should only resize when the user releases the
mouse, but not during the dragging. (I need this because the size and
nature of the content in my panels makes live resizing sluggish.)

I expect the easiest way to do this is to subclass DockLayoutPanel,
reusing what I can from SplitLayoutPanel. (SplitLayoutPanel itself is
a subclass of DockLayoutPanel.)

If anyone has any experience doing something similar, or has any
suggestions or code samples for this, I'd really appreciate it.

(I know such functionality is available with ext GWT and SmartGWT, but
I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a heavyweight JS framework---my
app is quite light with plain GWT, which provides enough functionality
in most cases.)

Many thanks in advance! Greetings,
Andrew