Setting the cursor is not the best design pattern for RPC calls, what if you
have 10 widgets all making RPC calls, will each of them try to set and unset
the cursor?
Also expect some quirkiness between browsers if you set the cursor via the
DOM.

This is probably a better solution, show and hide some animation over a
component that is busy: http://www.ajaxload.info/

--
Jan Vladimir Mostert
BEngSci