Thanks for the vote of confidence, but let me suggest that some of the
confusion around MVP results from overloading the term (I bear some of the
blame here, sorry).

Three key ideas of MVP proper are
1. Views are interfaces (so they can be tested without GWTTestCase, among
other reasons)
2. Presenters are POJOs that contain no Widgets
3. Views and presenters refer to each other only via interfaces (and in the
original style of MVP, a presenter may call methods on the view interface,
but not the other way around)

Ray Ryan's famous I/O talk in 09 also mentioned place/history management and
the Command pattern, which are very useful ideas but not part of MVP proper.
Various 3rd party MVP frameworks offered all these capabilities together as
"MVP" and the GWT docs refer to Activities and Places as the MVP framework,
but they're really not MVP proper, which has no doubt led to some
confusion. GWT's Activities and Places offer place/history management, but
require no View or Presenter classes so you are free to create your own or
use one of the 3rd party frameworks for these. I'm sure the community will
have further recommendations :-)

HTH,
/dmc

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM, -sowdri- <sow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Better to use MVP with activities and places as suggested by official GWT
> team.
>
> Thanks,

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools