Paul,

If you look into Java Doc for CellTable, you should able to see the
default css style for CellTable.

 @ImportedWithPrefix("gwt-CellTable")
  public interface Style extends CssResource {
    /**
     * The path to the default CSS styles used by this resource.
     */
    String DEFAULT_CSS = "com/google/gwt/user/cellview/client/
CellTable.css";

The same apply to all the widget in GWT.  To replace a button's text
with image, you will have to write your Custom Class that extends
button.