In my application I use a widget as a helper/proxy in drag operations.
When the user is dragging, the widget is absolute positioned on top of
the rest of the elements and is moved along with the mouse to indicate
the drop position. Now I would like to make that widget 'transparent'
to mouse activity, such that mouse events go to the underlying
element.

CSS has pointer-events property (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/
interact.html#PointerEventsProperty) to control if a mouse event
should be sent to the element directly underneath the mouse or passed
through to an element underneath it. However it is not compatible for
all browsers.

I would like to know if there is a way to achieve this in GWT.

Thanks a lot