I am currently trying to compile the GWT source and to run the test suite
for the 2.3 release.
On a clean checkout I see a lot of test failures when I just run 'ant test'
in the user folder. Interestingly, most of the JRE test suites are passing
(e.g. in the AutoBeanSuite the AutoBeanCodexJreTest and the AutoBeanJreTest
are passing, but not the AutoBeanCodexTest and the AutoBeanTest), but pretty
much all other tests have an error (no failures). At the beginning of the
reports output files, I typically see the following message which indicates
that something went wrong (I just don't know how to fix this):

Testsuite: com.google.gwt.autobean.AutoBeanSuite
Tests run: 58, Failures: 0, Errors: 29, Time elapsed: 16.008 sec
------------- Standard Output ---------------
[ERROR] Unable to find type 'java.lang.Object'
   [ERROR] Hint: Check that your module inherits 'com.google.gwt.core.Core'
either directly or indirectly (most often by inheriting module
'com.google.gwt.user.User')
------------- ---------------- ---------------

and the error recorded in the output file looks like this:

Testcase: testCycle took 13.628 sec
Caused an ERROR
(see previous log entries)
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log
entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.checkForSeedTypes(ModuleDef.java:518)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:327)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:1342)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTestImpl(JUnitShell.java:1309)
at com.google.gwt.junit.JUnitShell.runTest(JUnitShell.java:650)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.runTest(GWTTestCase.java:441)
at com.google.gwt.junit.client.GWTTestCase.run(GWTTestCase.java:296)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I know something is wrong in my setup and I would like to know what. I am
running ant 1.8.2 with the JDK1.6_24 on a 32bit linux machine with the
following ANT_OPTS:
ANT_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xmx1024m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC"

If you have any pointers or ideas what's wrong with the setup, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance.