Hi zixzigma,

Use a separate ActivityManager and ActivityMapper for each panel. Each
ActivityMapper can return a different Activity mapped to the CompositePlace.
Have a look at slide 47 here:

http://www.slideshare.net/turbomanage/whats-new-in-gwt-22

HTH,
/dmc

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM, zixzigma <zixzi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Roo scaffolding creates ProxyPlace and ProxyListPlace.
> ProxyPlace is good if we need to deal with one EntityProxy at a time.
>
> in a more complex situation, where view might be consisted of multiple
> panels,  many EntitiyProxies might be needed to populate those panels,
> and to make history/bookmark working those EntityProxies must be added
> to to the history token.
>
> MyCompositePlace extends Place {
>
> EntityProxyId<FooEntityProxy> firstEntityProxyId;
> EntityProxyId<BarEntityProxy> barEntityProxyId;
> EntityProxyId<BazEntityProxy> bazEntityProxyId;
>
> //Tokenizer
> }
>
> and this composite place is used like this:
> placeController.go(new MyCompositePlace( id1, id2, id3));
>
> and we have to implement the Tokenizer, spliting the history token,
> and processing etc ....
>
> in ActivityMapper, there is a getActivity method
>
> Activity getActivity(Place place)
>
> in the case of CompositePlace, how can we decompose the Composite
> Place into its places, and map them to corresponding activities ?
>
> getActivity returns only one activity, but in the case of composite
> place, we need to return for example 3 activities.
>
> in short, how can we map a Composite Place to its corresponding
> Activities ?
>
> please help !

David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, Google Web Toolkit
w: http://code.google.com/
b: http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/
t: @googledevtools