I have just upgraded to GWT 2.3.0

I am working with hibernate for the back-end. In GWT 2.2.0 all my queries
worked fine, however since the upgrade to 2.3.0 all the hibernate queries
are broken. Read exception below:

org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to get the default Bean Validation
factory
at
org.hibernate.cfg.beanvalidation.BeanValidationActivator.applyDDL(BeanValidationActivator.java:127)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyBeanValidationConstraintsOnDDL(Configuration.java:1674)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.applyConstraintsToDDL(Configuration.java:1624)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configuration.java:1415)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1826)
at net.impro.portal.persistence.HibernateUtil.<init>(HibernateUtil.java:16)

This exception is thrown whilst trying to invoke the following :

Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.configure("hibernate.cfg.xml");
FACTORY = config.buildSessionFactory();

Has anyone had the same issue? Can anyone point me in the right direction?