We've developed a GWT application and it runs like a charm in IE8.0.
However, when we try to launch it in FireFox (3.5 or 4.0) it doesn't
work -- the layout is incorrect, the formatting is incorrect, some of
the buttons and link no longer work, etc, etc.

There are two modules in the application, and neither of the modules
has a user.agent specified in the module.gwt.xml file.  When I
compile, I can see that is generating a slow of .js files which makes
me think it is generating for all the appropriate browsers.

But when I launch anything other than IE 8.0, it simply does not work
and appears to be using the wrong version of the Javascript/HTML.

Has anyone encountered this before?  Is there anything I can check or
monitor to see what's going on?