Hi there,

I am struggling in finding a good solution for a caching method in my
application. The client is sometimes retrieving more than 5000 rows
which will be displayed in a pageable grid for now. In my first
solution everytime the users clicked on next page the server only send
the data snapshot of this side which works ok. But it always gets the
complete dataset from the database.

Now we are adding sorting which should also be done on the server. My
question is now what is the best strategy to follow here?

I thought about caching the complete 5000 rows on server side but I
really dont know how to do this as the server is stateless. The only
thing I have is httpSession to identify but i dont know if its a good
idea to store this cache in a httpsession.

Another problem is that my app supports a filtering option which could
change the data of 5000 rows so the cache would be invalid.

Is it a good idea to cache to rows on client side? I am not sure as
the sorting would be done in Javascript right?

Thanks for your help