Hi, I have the exact same problem, but using a *ProvidesKey *doesn't seem to
change anything; this is my exact context:

- I have a custom column for a button:

return new Column<Customer, String>(new ButtonCell()) {
            @Override
            public final String getValue(@SuppressWarnings("unused") final
Customer object) {
                return "Action";
            }

            @Override
            public final void onBrowserEvent(final Cell.Context context,
final Element elem, final Customer customer,
                    final NativeEvent event) {
                if (event.getButton() == NativeEvent.BUTTON_LEFT) {
                    selectedCustomer = customer;
                    createPopupActionMenu(event.getClientX(),
event.getClientY());

and a selection model:

        final SingleSelectionModel<Customer> selectionModel = new
SingleSelectionModel<Customer>(keyProvider);
        customersTable.setSelectionModel(selectionModel);

I have now given both this selection model and the actual table, a
ProvidesKey object:

        final ProvidesKey<Customer> keyProvider = new
ProvidesKey<Customer>() {
            @Override
            public final Object getKey(final Customer customer) {
                return *customer.getId()*;
            }
        };

        customersTable = new CellTable<Customer>(*keyProvider*);
        final SingleSelectionModel<Customer> selectionModel = new
SingleSelectionModel<Customer>(*keyProvider*);

When I do: *new JSONObject(editedCustomer).toString()*
I'm still getting the: "$H":1
in the output json.
Any idea why this would be?

Thanks, any help on this is appreciated.
Eugen.