I think this would be nice also; there are several "helper" methods
that I'd like to have available on the client that are already
implemented on my server objects.

The requirement that the client proxies extend EntityProxy precludes
writing helper classes that can operate on both client and server
instances, since there's no way there can be a common interface that
these objects implement.  I guess the server side POJO can implement
the proxy interface, but this then requires that it implement a
stableID method, which doesn't really make sense.  I guess it would
never be called, but it pollutes the interface to the server-side
objects.

Ryan