Thanks you all for the help. One more question, though. I noticed that after
I perform a SQL SELECT I'm receiving a EntityProxyChange event. According to
Joshua in this thread "You need to cause a version change on the object to
cause an update EntityProxyChange event".

Why am I being updated just for calling a SELECT?

Thanks once again.