I am using eclipse and hosted mode to test out my app before deploy
them to app engine. I read somewhere in google document which stated
that if I used hosted mode and made change to server side code I can
just press "reload web server" inside development and refresh the page
to see the code in effect. However, it doesn't seem to be the case for
me.

The only way for me to get server side code to kick in was to stop the
web server then press debug mode again.

Is that suppose to happen? or is there any fix for my problem?

Thanks :)