On Jun 24, 4:44 pm, tanteanni <tantea...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> thx thomas for your never ending endurance, i guess i came a little closer
> after reading the source.
> Sorry for that: But what is the value of lastPlace and lastActivity after
> construction time?

both null, of course..

> And i miss the connection with Mauro's current code: If His CachingMApper
> returns "new MailListPlace()" the cached activity is used. But if the same
> place is returned a new activity is created. But reading the source says
> some places have to be equal to get "lastActivity". So what place should be
> equals to what place on calling the method Place filter(Place place), to get
> a cached activity?

new Places are instantiated every time a placeChangeEvent occurs. So
when comparing new place with cached place, even if the Places are of
the same type (say MailListPlace) the instances are not, and that's
why we need to override Place.equals to compare class type and not
instances to let CachingActivityMapper works.