I come from the Flex/JS/Tapestry worlds and a technique commonly used
is to attach listeners to certain events expecting they'll will go up
like a bubble through the component hierarchy. Actually if I'm not
wrong this kind of behavior also occurs with native hardware events in
GWT.

A typical example is the Accept/Cancel widget. It's a widget because
it's repeated all over the application.

To reduce coupling to a minimum, I'd like to listen to the events
"accept" and "cancel" on the current widget (that contains accept/
cancel directly or indirectly), being aware that if users click
"accept" the event will be caught and what you do depends on that
context (UI structure)

The EventBus is okay, but it doesn't seem to take into account this
component hierarchy, all the event handlers are notified without
discrimination.

I've managed, however, to create a BubbledEvent/BubbledEventHandler
that only is dispatched if the current listener (a visual widget) is a
parent of that which triggered it.

I hope I was clear,

Best regards, Juan