If you want to create a custom component that will work with GWT
Designer, you should ideally subclass Composite although subclassing
Widget will also work.

If you place your class somewhere other than the Widget hierarchy,
then you really aren't creating a valid GWT UI component. Implementing
an isWidget() method does not actually make the component a widget.

See "Creating Custom Widgets" in the GWT Developer's Guide...

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiCustomWidgets.html