Eric,

I had a similar requirement for one of my projects, so i did the
following. I used the following format to part date/ time in my
DateBox

DateTimeFormat.getFormat("MMM dd yyyy H:mm")

Now, with the above format, the local timezone is automatically picked
up by the DatePicker. But since DatePicker does not allow you to
select time, the time defaults to 00:00:00. I placed a drop list in my
view where the user could choose the time. On value change on the drop
list, update the date retunred by the datebox by replacing the time
with the one picked from list box.

Regards
Ashwin