I don't have any control over the firing of the events. It's a Button and
when clicked it's going to fire events to the handlers registered with it,
if the event is not stopped. If it were my own logic, I could indeed control
the firing logic and I could perhaps do what you suggest, but seeing how
this is GWT code (and the default behavior for any entity firing events), I
don't have that option.
Thanks for the feedback.
Eugen.