We use a slight various of Thomas' suggestion.  We introduced a new
interface / class called a "Broker" which we define all of our rpc
calling methods in.  Then be default we typically have the activity
implement the Broker interface, but if need be we could have a new
class implement it.  We pass the Broker to the View so if the view
needs access to rpc services it can call methods on the broker as need
be.  This still allows for the View to be stupid, but can help keep
the activity code cleaner.