I'm trying to follow this tutorial:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tools/gwtdesigner/tutorials/loginmanager.html
I'm a real Java newbie, and perhaps some of the following confusion is
due to that.

1. 1. Set the path to the GWT installation directory.
-> It doesn't tell my which level of the directory tree I should point
at. Perhaps I guessed right.

2. 3. Create the Login Composite.
-> What in the heck is a Composite? I couldn't find the illustrated
menu pick. I made a wild guess that what I wanted was a UiBinder.
What's a UiBinder?

3. Add the following widgets to the FlexTable and arrange it as
follows:
-> The FlexTable refuses to take any widgets. What's this all about? I
finally used two HorizontalPanels to group the labels and text boxes,
but it doesn't look right.

4. Add a TextBox next to the Username and change the variable property
to textBoxUsername.
-> There is no "variable" property. Is "name" the right property?

5. 4. Create and apply CSS styles
Let's create a CSS style for the Label widgets. Click on the CSS
toolbar item to open the CSS Style Editor.
-> Where in the heck is the CSS toolbar icon? OK, I can ignore styles
for now...

6. 5. Add Event Handlers
First, let's convert the text boxes from local to field variables.
Switch to Design mode, select the Username text box and click the
Convert local to field button from the properties pane. Do the same
with the Password text box.
-> The pictured icon is grayed out, and the balloon says "Conversion
is not supported".
And when I try the code that follows, Eclipse claims the text boxes
are undefined.

At this point I gave up and started typing here...

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
  Eclipse SDK   3.7.0.I20110613-1736    org.eclipse.sdk.ide     null
  Google App Engine Java SDK 1.5.1      1.5.1.r37v201106211634
com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle.e37.feature.feature.group
Google, Inc.
  Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 2.3.2.r37v201106211634
com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group  Google, Inc.
  Google Web Toolkit SDK 2.3.0  2.3.0.r37v201106211634
com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.e37.feature.feature.group      Google,
Inc.
  GWT Designer  2.3.2.r37x201106201114
com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.feature.feature.group   Google, Inc.