Hello Aidan:

I wouldn't personally suggest increasing the timeout value. Instead you can
do one or two things:

1. Poll the server every X amount of time and create a mechanism in the
backend server to let you know when the process/es completed.
2. Implement Server Push (Take a look at Jetty Continuations).

Regards,

Alfredo

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Aidan O'Kelly <aida...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How can I increase the RPC timeout to infinite, so that it never
> > timesout.
> >

> FYI, 'Read Timeout' is being caused by the OS's TCP stack, so you
> cannot/should not hope to increase this time-out from GWT client code,
> you must use one of the methods suggested. (keep-alive's or polling
> the server to check for completion )

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

AOL/Yahoo/Gmail/MSN IM:  lawwton