I use Google Chrome for this, (CTRL+SHIFT+i) then you can walk the DOM and
find the element see exactly which stylesheets are influencing this element
and what the computed style is, including inherited styles etc. It really is
very very handy, Firebug is pretty much the same trick for Firefox (which I
am just not a big fan of hence my usage of Chrome)

In IE I have no idea what you could use I guess that there might be a IE
implementaiton of Firebug but I have no idea I try and avoid using IE as
much as I can (been using it since version 3 and never really liked it much)