My use case is:
I have a gwt application with a mysql db and UI that preforms crud ops
on some simple domain objects.  One domain object is called a "task",
it represents some work that is executed by the gwt application.  The
gwt application will check the db periodically for tasks and run
them.

Tasks can be entered by users via the UI, but I also want to support
Task creation from outside of the application by another program,
curl, wget, etc.  How can I achieve this with GWT?

thanks in advance!