I don't think this will work, nor do I think it should.  As far as I
understand it, when you send a proxy reference via a Request, the RF
framework attempts to find the server-side entity the proxy is
referencing (using the ID), and then calls the associated method in
your service implementation passing the server-side entity to the
requested method.  Since your object does not exist on the server if
looked up by ID, the call should fail.

If you want this to work, you need to actually persist the object in
createByBarId.

Why do you want to do this?  I've wanted to do it in order to get
default values set on the client-side proxy, but not have the object
persisted.  Unfortunately that's not possible.

Ryan