On Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:55:54 PM UTC+2, Eric Andresen wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to perform the following scenario?
>
>   1.  Retrieve an EntityProxy
>   2.  Edit the proxy in an editor
>   3.  Submit the changes using a Request Context
>   4.  The server call is rejected due to a server-side validation failure
>   5.  Make some more changes to the proxy
>   6.  Submit the changes again
>
> I've tried going down a couple of routes to do this:
>   A)  Keep a copy of the EntityProxy around and try to re-edit it:
>  AutoBean Frozen (and no relief in sight for
> http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=5794)
>   B)  Keep a copy of the Context around and try to re-use it:  Also a no-go
>   C)  Have the server respond to the failed update in step 4 by returning
> the modified object and editing and re-submitting that one.
>          This one was close, but not quite there.  I realized that when I
> edit the returned object and send up the changes ( step 6), the
> RequestFactory only sends up the changes made during step 5, and not the
> ones made during step 2.
>
> I guess my question is whether anyone smarter than me has come up with a
> solution to this scenario?

I never actually tried it, but from what I read in the code, in case of
onConstraintViolations, the RequestContext that you initially fired should
be "unfrozen" and re-fireable after you fix your proxies.
It should even be the same in case of onFailure.

Proof:
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/releases/2.4/user/src/com/google/web/bindery/requestfactory/shared/impl/AbstractRequestContext.java#702
Calls reuse(), which unfreezes the proxies and unlocks the RequestContext.