Hi there.

I know that as of today it is now possible to generate dynamic jsp pages instead of html pages using the gwt compiler

I wonder, have anyone looked into doing this in any form.

The reason i'm asking this is that GWT in it's current way do not allow for an easy dynamic translation of the pages, I know I can use the Dictionary class for this, but for me, it is not flexible enough (translation is stil ldone on client side, and i still need to add jsp code to find and fetch the translations and encode them into javascript objects.)

so, this is the simple Idea I want to do instead.
1: remove all permutations for languages leaving only one permutation for languages ("default")
2: exchange the extension 0f the output from html to jsp
3: in the generated jsp files, instead of reading the propertyfiles and hard coding the language text into the result file, add java/jsp code that will read from the propertyfile instead of generating 1 file for each language.

so, has anyoen tried anything like that?

/Christian Andersson