On Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:18:51 PM UTC+2, Emilio Bravo wrote:

> http://www.thoughtworks.com/articles/technology-radar-july-2011#Platforms
>
> thoughtworks technology radar july 2011, talk negatively about gwt,
> these are the 3 reasons:
>
> "First, in many ways, JavaScript is more powerful and expressive than
> Java, so we suspect that the generation is going in the wrong
> direction."
> more powerfull for that?

Scala+GWT project should address this problem bringing more expressive
language (Scala) into GWT environment.

To give you a specific example, take a look at:

http://scalagwt.github.com/samples/Showcase.html#CwDatePicker

and check Source code tab. Notice how event handler is expressed:

    datePicker onValueChange { event =>
      val date = event.getValue()
      val dateString = DateTimeFormat.getMediumDateFormat().format(date)
      text.setText(dateString)
    }

A few more examples can be found in these slides:

http://goo.gl/WXCGq (check slides 23-25)

--
Grzegorz