I am trying to listen to a custom JS event that is created outside my
GWT module. In my JS file I create the event, and then fire it as
such :

       var evt = document.createEvent("Event");
        evt.initEvent('customEvent', true, true);
        evt.customData = "someData";

        window.addEventListener('customEvent', function(evt)
{ console.log("test: " + evt.customData)}, false);
        window.dispatchEvent(evt);

Now, in my GWT code, I have a JSNI method that adds a listener  to
listen to my customEvent  and act on it. Code as follows:

public native void addLookupResultHandler()/*-{
        $wnd.addEventListener('lookupEntitySelected',
$entry(function(evt){

console.log("gwt: " + evt.customData);

console.log("gwt: " + evt.type);

@myClassName::handleEvent(LmyCustomEventEvent;)(evt)
                                                       }), false);
    }-*/;

The problem I have is that the customData is being dropped when the
event gets to JSNI code. I can see that the event listner written in
JS does get the correct event with the correct customData, but logging
the event properties in JSNI shows that customData is undefined (event
type looks correct though)

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Is there may be a better way to create custom events (it has to be
created in JavaScript, since the code firing it won't be in GWT
module)